Unscripted

A&E pulls Wahlberg’s “Breaking Boston”

Actor Mark Wahlberg's latest A&E Network series Breaking Boston has been pulled from the air due to under-performance just a week after its March 13 premiere.
March 20, 2014

Actor Mark Wahlberg’s latest A&E Network series Breaking Boston has been pulled from the air due to under-performance just a week after its March 13 premiere.

An A&E Network spokesperson said the show had been pulled off the schedule for now, but added he was unsure whether it had been cancelled.

Breaking Boston is based on Wahlberg’s own experiences growing up in Boston, and follows four working-class, 20-something women trying to escape the downward mobility of a town where education, employment and opportunities are scarce. The show was the second partnership between Wahlberg and the network, which also airs Wahlburgers.

Silberman said the premiere of the series – which was c0-produced by 44 Blue Productions, Closest to the Hole Productions, Leverage Entertainment and Bill Thompson Productions – received 311,000 total viewers last Thursday (March 13).

About The Author
Barry Walsh is editor and content director for realscreen, and has served as editor of the publication since 2009. With a career in entertainment media that spans two decades, prior to realscreen, he held the associate editor post for now defunct sister publication Boards, which focused on the advertising and commercial production industries. Before Boards, he served as editor of Canadian Music Network, a weekly music industry trade, and as music editor for HMV.com. As content director, he also oversees the development of content for the brand's market-leading events, the Realscreen Summit and Realscreen West, as well as new content initiatives.

Menu

Search