Multimedia messaging app Snapchat has bolstered its efforts to support the creator community with a slate of new programming from celebrity creators as part of its newly launched ‘Creator Shows’ strand.
Snapchat is aiming to capitalize on its youthful demographic, which in the U.S. reaches 90% of all 13-24 year-olds – more than Facebook, Instagram and Facebook Messenger combined – and 75% of all 13-34 year olds.
All content will be shot vertically in first-person and ranges between three and five minutes, with eight to 10 episodes per episode. The repeatable formats will be lifestyle-driven, with themes reaching across fitness, dance, beauty, fashion, food, motivation, horoscopes and more.
Programs will be published regularly and will feature such celebrities as Serena Williams, Kevin Hart and Arnold Schwarzenegger, as well as top creators Maddie Ziegler, Emma Chamberlain, Rickey Thompson, Loren Gray, FaZe Banks and Baby Ariel.
Anchoring the slate of ‘Creator Shows’ programs are the motivational advice series Rules of Success with Arnold Schwarzenegger, beauty tutorial program Glow Up with Loren Gray, nostalgic unboxing series Throwback Toys with Jordyn Jones and advice series Keepin’ It Real with Keke Palmer.
In addition, the social network is partnering with leading creator-driven studios to bring a number of the ‘Creator Shows’ to life, including Brat, BBTV and Studio71.
All programs will begin airing this summer on Snapchat’s Discover page, with additional ‘Creator Shows’ to follow.
Further details about non-scripted ‘Creator Shows’ follow below, with descriptions courtesy of Snapchat:
- Trend or End with Rickey Thomspon – Camo pants are so 2018… but flamin’ hot cheetos are a major trend. Rickey Thompson is the judge, jury, and executioner of all things fashion and lifestyle in this Snapchat series. Premieres July 10.
- Glow Up with Loren Gray- Gen Z icon Loren Gray is sharing her expert advice by weaving heartfelt affirmations into practical beauty tutorials. Premieres July 11.
- Throwback Toys with Jordyn Jones - Jordyn Jones is going way back in time to unbox her favorite toys from growing up and give them a real talk adult review! Premieres July 12.
- Keepin’ It Real with Keke Palmer - Dive into Keke’s mind for advice on all of life’s crazy situations…it’s a Dear Abby in the DM’s. Premieres July 13.
- Get Creative with GeeohSnap – Amazing artwork awaits when creator and illustrator GeeOhSnap teaches you all his tricks to create incredible art with the Snap Camera. Premieres July 14.
- Rules of Success with Arnold Schwarzenegger – It’s Arnold in your pocket! Tune-in every episode for motivational advice from the legend himself.
- Untitled Creator Show with Serena Williams
- Untitled Creator Show with Kevin Hart (In partnership with Laugh Out Loud, Hart’s comedy brand and multi-platform network).
- Untitled Creator Show with Maddie Ziegler
- Untitled Creator Show with Emma Chamberlain
- Untitled Creator Show with Baby Ariel - The internet’s own Baby Ariel unpacks transformative life events with famous guests from all walks of life.
- Untitled Creator Show with Chantel Jeffries
- Untitled Creator Show with Mackenzie Ziegler
- Chasing Clout with Spencer Pratt – Who’s chasing clout and who’s making it? Only pop culture oracle Spencer Pratt can decide.
- Untitled Creator Show with FaZe Banks
- Untitled Creator Show with Denzel Dion
- In The Wild with The Real Tarzann – Things are getting WILD in Miami! Join exotic animal expert Mike Holston AKA The Real Tarzann to meet a new animal friend every episode.
- Untitled Creator Show with Teala Dunn
- Untitled Creator Show with Jibrizy