Dynasties: Emperor, Sacred Wonders and War in the Blood are among the non-fiction titles nominated for the 2019 Royal Television Society’s Craft & Design Awards.
The awards – presented by the British forum for broadcast television and related media – consist of 30 categories, and celebrate a variety of skills and processes involved in program production.
The documentary and factual director category will see three filmmakers nominated, including Arthur Cary for War in the Blood (Minnow Films for BBC2); Anthony Philipson for 8 Days: To the Moon and Back (BBC Studios for BBC2); and Wendie Otteweil for David Harewood: Psychosis and Me (Films of Record for BBC2).
Competing for the top prize in the photography – documentary/factual & non-drama category are Lindsay McCrae for BBC1′s Dynasties: Emperor (BBC; pictured), Arthur Cary and Johann Perry for BBC2′s The Last Survivors (Minnow Films), and Daniel Dewsbury, Stuart Bernard and Jonny Ashton for BBC2′s The Mighty Redcar (73 Films).
BBC Studios’ The Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance for BBC1, meanwhile, is the lone non-scripted project to receive nominations across three categories. The title has picked up nominations in director – multicamera, lighting for multicamera, and multicamera work.
Winners will be announced at a ceremony, hosted by political comedian Ahir Shah on Nov. 25 at the London Hilton, Park Lane.
The winners of the Design & Craft Innovation Award, Judges’ Award and Lifetime Achievement Award will also be announced Nov. 27.
Click here for more information.
Shortlisted non-scripted categories follow below:
Costume Design – Entertainment & Non Drama
- Orla Smyth-Mill Brassic Calamity Films for Sky One
- Vicky Gill Strictly Come Dancing BBC Studios for BBC1
- Sam Perry Don’t Forget the Driver Sister / Hootenanny for BBC2
Design – Programme Content Sequences
- BBC Studios with Lola Post Production The Planets BBC Studios for BBC2
- Made in Colour Holocaust – Finding My Family Made in Colour for CBBC
- Studio AKA, Steve Small, Nikki Kefford, Artworking & Animation Team Black Earth Rising Forgiving Earth for BBC2
Director – Documentary/Factual & Non Drama
- Arthur Cary War In The Blood Minnow Films for BBC2
- Anthony Philipson 8 Days: To the Moon and Back BBC Studios for BBC2
- Wendie Otteweil David Harewood: Psychosis and Me Films Of Record for BBC2
Director – Multicamera
- Nick Wood Not Going Out Avalon Television for BBC1
- Marcus Viner Jazz 625 Live: For One Night Only Somethin’ Else for BBC4
- Bridget Caldwell The Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance BBC Studios for BBC1
Editing – Documentary/Factual
- Sunshine Jackson 100 Vaginas Burning Bright for Channel 4
- John Steventon & Ed Horne Sacred Wonders BBC Studios PQP for BBC1
- Claire Guillon Egon Schiele: Dangerous Desires BBC Studios PQP for BBC1
Lighting for Multicamera
- Tim Routledge CHRIS – Live from the Salle De Pleyel Done & Dusted for Apple Music
- Nigel Catmur The Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance BBC Studios for BBC One
- Tim Routledge Stormzy – Glastonbury Taw Box for BBC
Make Up Design – Entertainment & Non Drama
- Bean Ellis Don’t Forget the Driver Sister / Hootenanny for BBC2
- Jo Jenkins Year of the Rabbit Objective Fiction for Channel 4
- Lisa Armstrong Strictly Come Dancing BBC Studios for BBC1
- Paul Dugdale & Simon Fisher Taylor Swift: Reputation Stadium Tour Den Of Thieves for Netflix
- Camera Team The Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance BBC Studios for BBC1
- Giuseppe Bianchi Master of Photography Ballandi & Sky Arts Production Hub for Sky Arts
Photography – Documentary/Factual & Non Drama
- Lindsay McCrae Dynasties: Emperor BBC for BBC1
- Arthur Cary & Johann Perry The Last Survivors Minnow Films for BBC2
- Daniel Dewsbury, Stuart Bernard & Jonny Ashton The Mighty Redcar 73 Films for BBC2
Production Design – Entertainment & Non Drama
- Richard Drew This Time with Alan Partridge Baby Cow Productions for BBC1
- Samantha Harley Year of the Rabbit Objective Fiction for Channel 4
- Dominic Tolfts Michael McIntyre’s Big Show Hungry McBear for BBC1
Sound – Entertainment & Non Drama
- Ben Ormerod, Marc Wojtanowski & Duncan Paterson 8 Days: To The Moon and Back BBC Studios for BBC2
- Christian Henson, Paul Freeman & Adam Tandy Inside No.9 live – ‘Dead Line’ BBC Studios for BBC2
- Greg Gettens, Kim Tae Hak, Chad Orororo & Andy Paddon Married To A Paedophile Brinkworth Films for Channel 4