Brent Montgomery named CEO of ITV America

ITV has formally named former Leftfield Entertainment exec Brent Montgomery (pictured) as CEO of its American operations.
December 3, 2015

ITV has formally named former Leftfield Entertainment exec Brent Montgomery (pictured) as CEO of its American operations.

The news comes after Montgomery in October confirmed a potential move to ITV, though the exec noted that the deal was still weeks away from being formalized.

In the new role, Montgomery will be charged with overseeing ITV America, formerly ITV Studios U.S. Group. He will report to Kevin Lygo, MD of ITV Studios.

Under Montgomery’s direction, all of ITV’s U.S. ventures will become part of ITV America, including ITV Studios America, which is to be rebranded ITV Entertainment.

Montgomery formed Leftfield Pictures in 2009 before expanding the business to what is now Leftfield Entertainment. Last year, ITV acquired an 80% stake in the U.S. production group, making the ITV Studios U.S. Group the largest independent unscripted producer in the country. As part of the changes announced today, ITV has acquired the remaining 20% of the New York-based group.

ITV America’s core management team under Montgomery will include Adam Sher as chief creative officer; Chris Valentini as COO; and David George as CEO of Leftfield Entertainment. Former Leftfield Entertainment exec Edward Simpson has been appointed executive VP of business development and international of ITV America.

Montgomery, Valentini, George and Simpson all remain based in New York. Sher will stay in LA and is to oversee ITV Entertainment in the interim while the company searches for a new head.

Meanwhile, ITV’s other U.S. branches – which include Leftfield Pictures, Sirens Media, Outpost Entertainment, Loud TV, Riot Creative, Thinkfactory Media, High Noon Entertainment, DiGa and Gurney Productions - will continue to produce under their current labels and existing management teams under the ITV America umbrella.

“Bringing all our U.S. production businesses together, ITV America will build on this success as we take our U.S. operations to the next level and continue to build a global content business of scale,” said Lygo in a statement.

“In the current marketplace it’s essential that we monetize creative across all platforms and territories, while servicing buyers and markets with content that delivers for their respective brands and audiences. We also must employ the flexibility to navigate emerging distribution opportunities, while remaining willing to take creative risks,” the exec added. “We are confident that under Brent’s leadership ITV America will meet these challenges, broadening even further into exciting new arenas of media and entertainment.”

About The Author
Jillian Morgan is the Associate Editor at Realscreen with a background in journalism and digital marketing. She joined the publication in 2019 after serving as the assistant editor to trade publications HPAC and On-Site. With a bachelor of journalism from the University of King's College in Halifax, she also works as a freelance writer and fact-checker.