Non-fiction entertainment trade organization NPACT and the Broadcast Television Journalists Association (BTJA) have unveiled the categories and submission guidelines for the Critics’ Choice Real TV Awards.
As announced in November, the inaugural 2019 show will honor programming from broadcast, cable and streaming platforms, as well as executives through awards highlighting career and lifetime achievements. The awards will replace last year’s NPACT Impact Awards.
Submission guidelines are now available on the Critic’s Choice Real TV Awards website.
The Critics’ Choice Real TV Awards categories are as follows:
- Best Competition Series
- Best Competition Series: Talent/Variety
- Best Structured Series
- Best Unstructured Series
- Best Ongoing Documentary Series
- Best Limited Documentary Series
- Best Short Form Series
- Best Interactive Show
- Best Live Show
- Best Talk Show
- Best Late Night Talk Show
- Best Entertainment News Show
- Best Culinary Show
- Best Game Show
- Best Travel/Adventure Show
- Best Business Show
- Best Animal/Nature Show
- Best Crime/Justice Show
- Best Sports Show
- Best Relationship Show
- Best Lifestyle Show: Home/Garden
- Best Lifestyle Show: Fashion/Beauty
- Best Ensemble Cast in an Unscripted Series
- Best Show Host
- Male Star of the Year (fan voted)
- Female Star of the Year (fan voted)
Submissions will open March 4. The deadline for early submission fee discount is March 17, and April 14 for standard submissions.
Nominations will be announced May 6, and the Critics’ Choice Real TV Awards will be held on June 2 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California.