European Documentary Network (EDN) has unveiled the final selection of films participating in the annual Docs in Thessaloniki pitching forum.
The 21st annual edition of the forum takes place over five days in which the selected doc projects will be developed, re-written and pitched to a panel of international financiers.
The “tutors” selected to work with participants are Paula Vaccaro (producer, Pinball London, UK), Flora Gregory (independent consultant, UK), Arash Riahi (producer, director and dramatic advisor, Golden Girls Filmproduktion, Austria), Joëlle Alexis (editor, Israel), Brian Hill (producer and director, Century Films, UK), Robert Bahar (producer and director, U.S.) and Ove Rishoj Jensen (EDN film and media consultant).
Financiers include commissioners and experts from ARTE GEIE, Cat&Docs, DR/Danish Broadcasting Corporation, ERT, Films Transit, RTS, SVT, YLE, RAI, CurrentTime.tv, Women Make Movies and Lyfta.
Docs in Thessaloniki takes place March 1 to 5 in Thessaloniki, Greece, alongside the Thessaloniki Documentary Festival.
The full list of selected pitching projects is below:
- Climate Exodus (producer/director: David Baute; Tinglado Film; Spain)
- Dear Future (producer/director: Christiana Cheiranagnostaki; Greece)
- Democracy at Risk (producer: Jennifer Deschamps; director: Sylvain Pak; KM; France)
- Do Not Come Home (producer: Ivica Vidanović; director: Milos Ljubomirović; Cinnamon Films; Serbia)
- Engel (producer: Sophie Schoukens; director: Peter Woditsch; Sophimages; Belgium)
- Epic of A Stone (producer: Jia Zhao; director: Sean Wang; Muyi Film and Black Fin; The Netherlands and China)
- Globus (producers: Magdalena Borowiec and Tatiana Matysiak; director: Clara Kleininger; SQUARE Film Studio, Poland)
- Gold Miners (producer: Liisa Karpo; director: Inka Achté; Napafilms; Finland)
- Inhabitants (producers: Armine Anda and Mery Aghakhanyan; director: Mery Aghakhanyan; Renaissance Films; Armenia, France and Germany)
- Intimate Outsiders (producers: Roser Corella and Ana Catalá; director: Roser Corella; Moving Mountains Films; Germany)
- Magaluf Ghost Town (producer: Bernat Manzano; directors: Miguel Ángel Blanca and Raúl Cuevas; Boogaloo Films S.L.; Spain)
- Nenets: People at Risk (producer: Valérie Montmartin; director: Sergio Ghizzardi; Little Big Story; France)
- Phoenix (producer: Daire Collins; director: Daire Collins; Ireland, UK; Romania, Spain and Germany)
- Safe Passage (producer: Anna von Dziembowska; directors: Daniel Druhora and Charly W. Feldman; Victoria Films; UK and Russia)
- Scrap (producer/director: Stacey Tenenbaum; H2L Productions Inc.; Canada)
- The Exit of a Train (producer: Ada Solomon; directors: Radu Jude and Adrian Cioflanca; Micro Film Romania; Romania)
- The Happiest Chief (producer: Photini Economopoulou; director: Avra Georgiou; Oh My Dog Productions; Greece)
- The Raaby Mystery (producer: Thorvald Nilsen; director: Stian Indrevoll; Screen Story Bergen; Norway)
- The Republic (producer: Murat Baykara; director: Mustafa Unlu; Kutup Ayisi Documentary Productions; Turkey)
- The Settlement (producer: Carlota Coloma; director: Alex Sardà; 15-L. Films S.L.; Spain)
- Trazos (producer: Vincent Gazaigne; directors: Ines Compan and Maria Isabel Ospina; Talweg Production and Medio de Contencion producciones; France and Colombia)