Unscripted

Exclusive: Bon Appetit, Conde Nast Entertainment reveal series lineup

Bon Appétit and Condé Nast Entertainment are expanding the magazine and food brand’s lineup of video series with a number of new culinary titles. The series — all produced in-house by ...
February 22, 2021

Bon Appétit and Condé Nast Entertainment are expanding the magazine and food brand’s lineup of video series with a number of new culinary titles.

The series — all produced in-house by CNE and hosted on YouTube — are part of what Bon Appétit calls its plan to provide a platform for “new voices, diverse content and inclusive programming” in 2021 under the leadership of the publication’s editor-in-chief Dawn Davis.

In Dish It Out, premiering this April, Harold Villarosa (pictured left) will have a day to combine two unlikely sources to develop a new recipe; while Taste Buds, premiering this March, will see It’s Alive star Brad Leone guide celebrities through themed tasting experience via six pre-selected delicacies.

Also on the slate, Dinner for 3 features Bon Appétit chefs as they make the same well-known dish with a twist. The series premieres this April.

In addition to Villarosa, recently added talent include Melissa Miranda, Samantha Seneviratne (pictured right) and Chrissy Tracey.

“Our new shows offer a thoughtful and fresh perspective on culture through the lens of food. We’re breaking new ground while staying connected to the simple moments in the kitchen that make cooking so enjoyable,” said Bon Appétit‘s new VP of programming June Kim in a statement.

Kim most recently led creative brand strategy for Tastemade, a food and travel video network for digital audiences.

Over her five years at Tastemade, she developed and produced original programming for its streaming network and social channels, and built and managed content partnerships across various teams.

The titles join Taking on Takeout, which premiered this month, as well as returning series Reverse Engineering, Andy Explores and From the Home Kitchen.

Last month, CNE announced it would be restructuring its executive team under recently appointed president and former Disney+ executive Agnes Chu.

Those appointments, the first organizational changes announced since Chu joined the division in July, saw Cecile Murias move to SVP of global production.

“As BA continues to evolve across all of its verticals, I’m delighted that this new programming brings a diverse set of voices into the channel and will help expand the ways in which we educate and entertain our audiences,” Davis said in a statement. “Our roster of talent cooks sweet and savory, vegan and meat forward, and are influenced by a variety of cultures — all of which we are thrilled to share with new and existing viewers.”

About The Author
Barry Walsh is editor and content director for realscreen, and has served as editor of the publication since 2009. With a career in entertainment media that spans two decades, prior to realscreen, he held the associate editor post for now defunct sister publication Boards, which focused on the advertising and commercial production industries. Before Boards, he served as editor of Canadian Music Network, a weekly music industry trade, and as music editor for HMV.com. As content director, he also oversees the development of content for the brand's market-leading events, the Realscreen Summit and Realscreen West, as well as new content initiatives.

Menu

Search